Ductless Air Conditioner
We’re Colorado Springs, Colorado’s Ductless Air Conditioner Experts
Ask Us About Ductless Air Conditioner Installation For Your Home
Colorado Springs, CO is known for many things. It’s the proud home of the U.S. Air Force Academy, is within a short drive of world-class entertainment, and is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels. The winters here are cold, but the summers are gorgeous - and sometimes a little too warm. If you’re looking for a way to keep your home cool and comfortable during hot days, we can provide options to help you accomplish your goal. A ductless air conditioner, also known as a mini-split system, is a great choice for cooling your Colorado Springs, CO home.
What Is A Ductless Air Conditioner?
Traditional cooling systems take cool air from a single source and pump it through ductwork that runs throughout your house. Though this system works fairly well, homeowners do lose a significant amount of energy because of how far the air has to be moved to cover the entire house.
Ductless air conditioners work in a similar way, but instead of having to pump air throughout the entire home, they focus on only one room (or zone). A typical ductless air conditioner has two parts: an outdoor unit that cools the refrigerant, and an indoor unit that passes air over the frigid liquid to cool it before sending it back into the room. The two are connected by insulated tubing that passes through a small, thoroughly insulated hole in your wall.
The Pros And Cons Of Going Ductless
There are many good reasons to use a ductless air conditioner, especially in Colorado Springs, Colorado’s climate. The pros include:
- Flexibility - Because ductless air conditioners are made to cool only one room at a time, you can have a large amount of control over the temperature in different parts of your home. For example, if you’re cooking dinner and need an extra blast of cold to counter the effects of the oven, you can turn up the volume on your ductless air conditioner without having to pay to cool the entire rest of the house too.
- Efficiency - Experts estimate that you lose 25% or more of the cold air a normal air conditioner produces to your ductwork. With a ductless unit, you’ll save almost all of that, leaving you with lower heating bills and a cooler room.
- Security - Please note: ductless air conditioners are not the same thing as window AC units. Oftentimes, these window units (or swamp coolers) have to be set into a large space, causing air leaks that decrease the system’s efficiency and an easy in for burglars. They commonly cause mold and other health concerns, and we highly recommend that you stay away from putting them in your home. Ductless air conditioner installation requires that only a small hole be drilled in your wall, which leaves the security of your home intact. Since all of the liquid cooling and compressing takes place outside, there’s also much less of a risk of water damage.
There are also some drawbacks to ductless systems, with the most conspicuous one being their upfront cost. However, if you plan to live in your home for a long time, the system will pay for itself in lower utility bills. These units also need to be cleaned once a month (more often if you have pets or smoke indoors) to maintain their operating efficiency. You can do that yourself, and don’t need to hire a professional for a routine cleaning.
When it comes to ductless air conditioner installation, some homeowners are also concerned about aesthetics. These units can’t be covered or painted over. However, our professionals can recommend solutions for you if you’re concerned about your A/C unit fitting into the aesthetics of your home.
More Services We Provide in Colorado Springs, Colorado
As Colorado Springs, Colorado’s premier HVAC company, we offer a full range of services to take care of all your heating and cooling needs. Our services include:
- HVAC Services (heating and cooling)
- Furnace Installation
- Furnace Maintenance
- Furnace Repair
- Furnace Replacement
- Heater Installation
- Heater Maintenance
- Heater Repair
- Heater Replacement
- Air Conditioner Cleaning
- Air Conditioner Installation
- Air Conditioner Maintenance
- Air Conditioner Repair
- Air Conditioner Replacement
If you don’t see a service that you’re in need of listed above, don’t hesitate to contact us anyway! If it’s HVAC-related, odds are we can take care of it for you.
Enjoy Both Comfort And Efficiency With Ductless
Brown’s Heating & Cooling is a local, family-run business that treats you like you deserve to be treated. Your home is a precious asset. It provides shelter and safety, warmth when the weather’s frigid, and a place to escape the heat of summer. It’s where you go to rest and enjoy the company of family and friends. It’s your jumping-off point for all of life’s adventures. You deserve to have a safe, comfortable place to live, and it’s our job to make sure that happens.