Air Conditioning Replacement
Air Conditioner Replacement for Your Monument, CO Home
Once you've experienced the beauty and sunshine of the Tri-Lakes region of Colorado, deciding to call Monument home comes as no surprise. It's more than an easy commute to the Air Force Academy and the center of Colorado Springs. The town offers both convenience and a peaceful retreat from the day's responsibilities. You'll enjoy visiting with your neighbors at the Tri-Lakes athletic fields, shopping in Monument, Colorado's historic downtown, and exploring the surrounding Santa Fe Regional Trail.
With much to appreciate about this rich area that the soaring summer temperatures seem a fair trade. That is until you arrive home to find that your air conditioner took its last breath on a sweltering 90-degree day. Fortunately, Brown's Heating & Cooling is available to provide you with efficient and cost-effective service when it's time for air conditioner replacement in Monument, CO.
Signs that You May Need Air Conditioner Replacement
- Inefficiency: An air conditioner serves to cool and ventilate your home. If it's not cooling the house down, or it seems to take longer than it should, you may need to consider replacing it. Another symptom of an ineffective unit is increased dust or high humidity levels. Both of which are signs that your ac unit isn't ventilating the air properly.
- High Energy Bills: An older unit works much harder to keep your home cool. As a result, the more energy it requires to run, the higher your power bill. Newer units are not only much more energy efficient, but you may also qualify for tax credits by switching to one.
- Frequent Breakdowns and Expensive Repairs: If your system needs consistent servicing to keep it running, or you're facing an expensive repair, it might be wise to consider replacing it. Weigh the cost of service calls and parts against that of a new unit.
- R-22 Freon: In 2010, the federal government discontinued the manufacture and import of the coolant R-22, otherwise known as Freon, and moved to the more environmentally friendly R-410A (Puron). The result is that Freon is much harder to get, and as a result, there's a premium on its price. If your unit requires Freon, and you're looking at a costly repair, it may be time to discuss new unit options with a Brown Heating & Cooling service professional.
- Odor: You shouldn't notice any type of odor coming from your ac unit. If there is a musty smell, it may be a sign that the ac isn't condensing the air properly, which causes moisture to build up. On the other hand, a smoky odor coming from the unit could be the result of burned out wire insulation. In either case, it's time to call a technician.
- Noise: Squealing, scraping, grinding, or continuous bangs and pops are not common noises that should be coming from your ac unit. If you experience any of these sounds, they could indicate that a serious problem with the condenser coil, compressor, refrigerant level, or blower.
- Age: A well-maintained air conditioning unit should last you between 15 and 20 years; however, if you are getting close to that mark, and you're looking at an expensive repair, it may be more cost-effective to replace the unit. New units are much more efficient than their predecessors.
The licensed technicians at Brown's Heating & Cooling are experts at evaluating the cause of your air conditioning problems. We pride ourselves on providing you with an accurate solution as well as fair and honest pricing. Your safety and comfort is our top priority.
We appreciate the cost considerations of replacing your ac unit, which is why we offer excellent financing terms.
Three Advantages of a Ductless AC System in Monument, Colorado
After experiencing the legendary summer heat of Monument, CO, you might have considered replacing your traditional ac unit with a ductless air conditioner. After the initial sticker shock subsides, consider the benefits of going ductless.
- Utility bill savings: Because a ductless unit is more efficient than a standard air conditioner, you will be pleasantly surprised at the savings in your utility bills. Each room or area is independently climate controlled. That means you have the flexibility to manage the energy as needed in specific areas. For example, you might want a cool kitchen when preparing a meal while the temperature in the rest of the house remains constant. The longer you plan to stay in your home, the more the savings will offset the installation cost.
- No Leaking Issues: If you're looking at the differences between a ductless system and a window unit, leaking is one consideration. Because of the configuration of window units, they tend to leak inside the home. Where there's water, you will often find accompanying damage to drywall and flooring. A ductless system, on the other hand, has its compressing and cooling units outdoors, which reduces indoor water issues.
- Safety: Another factor to consider when weighing the options between a window and ductless ac unit is safety. A window unit can be removed for easy access into your home. Because the installation of a ductless unit only requires drilling a small hole in your home's structure, security is not an issue.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors
Brown's Heating & Cooling has established itself as a leader in the industry. Our experienced team of professionals continues to provide the same dedication to customer service that we began with more than two decades ago. Making a quick buck has never factored into the pride we take in our work. Rather, we ensure that you receive the highest quality products and service available.
We believe in neighbors helping neighbors, which sums up our philosophy. We don't simply go on a service call; we go out to assist a neighbor. The experts at Brown Heating & Cooling understand that you've made a commitment to your home in Monument, CO. That commitment involves the wellbeing of your family.
An HVAC Company Who Cares
Brown’s Heating & Cooling is a local, family-run business that treats you like you deserve to be treated. Your home is a precious asset. It provides shelter and safety, warmth when the weather’s frigid, and a place to escape the heat of summer. It’s where you go to rest and enjoy the company of family and friends. It’s your jumping-off point for all of life’s adventures. You deserve to have a safe, comfortable place to live, and it’s our job to make sure that happens.
From heating and furnace services, to air conditioning services, to water heaters, let us be your HVAC service provider of choice. Call us today at (719) 597-7373 for excellent service and great results!