Whether you’re a commercial or a residential customer with our team, or maybe both, you probably already know that this is the time of year that we heavily promote how vital it is to have maintenance done for your heating system. Preparing for the inevitable chilly weather ahead with a comprehensive inspection from trained professionals is the best way to sidestep sudden repair issues as well as energy waste.
Plus, if you’re a small business owner, proper HVAC maintenance can even prevent you from experiencing a business interruption.
Our commercial HVAC services are an absolute necessity for the comfort and convenience of anyone in your building, whether its customers, tenants, or employees. Maintenance tune-ups are also essential in protecting your small business HVAC equipment from overheating!
While the average homeowners only need to worry about the comfort of a few people in their home, and perhaps a minor inconvenience if there’s an unexpected breakdown, a small business owner or manager must concern themselves with the comfort of many.
We understand this! This is why we want to share just how important HVAC maintenance for small businesses is. Read on to learn more!
When Did You Last Schedule Commercial HVAC Maintenance?
We are business owners ourselves, meaning we get how much responsibility there is in owning a small business or managing a commercial pace. You have a lot to manage every day, and so it can be easy to let preventative HVAC maintenance slip your mind. But it’s absolutely vital that it be done on an annual basis for both your air conditioner and commercial heater.
Fall maintenance can typically be about a 1-2 hour job (versus a days-long business interruption if your small business heater breaks down!) and comes with a number of advantages. During maintenance, these are some of the tasks that our commercial technicians do:
- We check and change the air filters. Depending on the type of air filters in your commercial HVAC system, this may need to be done every few months. We’re happy to come in and do this service for you!
- We lubricate all moving parts to reduce strain on the system. This includes the motor bearings, for example, which wear down as a normal part of wear and tear over time, but don’t have to bring your commercial HVAC system to a halt!
- We inspect the commercial system’s functionality to ensure it’s operating as safely and effectively as possible. Commercial HVAC systems are not inherently dangerous, but when they’re not properly cared for they can become so.
- We tighten all electrical connections in the system.
- In the case of a commercial air conditioner or heat pump system, we’ll check on refrigerant levels. Your system has a set amount of refrigerant charge that’s meant to last its entire lifespan. If your system is losing refrigerant, it means there is a leak that must be located and adequately repaired.
- We test the overall performance of your system.
This is just a brief rundown of everything that goes into HVAC maintenance for small businesses. Overall, this is going to help your system work more efficiently, more effectively, and last longer. So you can focus on your bottom line!