If you’ve followed our blog from the beginning, then you already know we mention maintenance, a lot. This is because of how important of a service it actually is. Homeowners often think it’s more of a “luxury” service, for people who can afford it. But air conditioning maintenance is something you can’t afford to go without, if you want your system to work as effectively and efficiently as possible, for as long as possible.
Routine professional ac maintenance enables our technicians to spot small problems with your air conditioner before they become much bigger ones. And this helps your system operate smoother and last longer, which is great news for your budget, right? But what actually happens, during this service? Read on to find out!
What Are the Steps of Maintenance?
We want to first note that we aren’t sharing this information so you can do AC maintenance on your own. The only maintenance tasks you should ever complete without the aid of a professionally trained HVAC contractor is changing out the air filter every 1-3 months during periods of system use, and clearing debris away from the outdoor unit of your air conditioner.
Investing in professional maintenance ensures that small problems are caught before they become big ones, and it also keeps the manufacturer warranty current–doing maintenance or repairs on your own can void the warranty altogether. So what happens during this service? Here’s a brief rundown:
- We check and clean the condenser and evaporator coils to ensure they’re unobstructed, and therefore able to absorb and release heat.
- We check the refrigerant level–your air conditioner is supplied with enough refrigerant upon manufacturing to ideally last its entire lifespan, and if your system is losing refrigerant, it means there is a leak that must be repaired.
- We check on all the electrical components, tightening any connections where necessary.
- We clean the condensate pan and drain so the moisture from the evaporator coils doesn’t overflow.
- We clean and lubricate the fan and compressor motors to prevent mechanical stress that can lead to the motors burning out.
- We check that the thermostat is correctly reading the temperature, and we recalibrate it if not.
- We replace or clean the air filter if needed. Like we said above, you should be doing this on your own every 1-3 months, depending on the type of air filter and the level of contaminants in your home. But it is still something we check, just in case!
This is not a comprehensive list of everything we do. One of the big parts of what we do is inspect the system and make adjustments where necessary to ensure that the system is set up for success. We’re happy to go into more detail if you have any questions about the steps we take!
Our Healthy Home Maintenance Agreement
In addition to a more efficient and powerful air conditioner, enrolling in our Healthy Home Maintenance Agreement affords members a host of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Priority Service over Non-Club Members
- No Overtime Fees- Even on Nights and Weekends
- 15% Discount on Heating and Cooling Repairs–No Maximum Limit
- 10% Discount on Air Quality Accessories
- And much more!
Please reach out to our team to learn more.
Brown’s Heating & Cooling is your trusted resource for reliable AC maintenance in Colorado Springs and beyond. Contact us today!