It seems like there’s a lot of new-fangled technology that’s designed to make our lives easier. It can be hard to know which technology to adopt and which to wait for. However, upgrading an outdated thermostat to a smart thermostat is definitely a change for the better.
Just about everyone has a smartphone but not all homeowners have opted for a smart thermostat installation yet. Just like a smartphone can do much more than a regular phone, the same applies to smart thermostats. Let’s go over the ways a smart thermostat can improve your home comfort and reduce your utility bills.
The “Smart” in Smart Thermostats
Old-school thermostats had one goal: to tell your HVAC system what temperature your home should be at. Smart thermostats do so much more than that.
Just like with smartphones, smart thermostats are designed to be a powerful tool that provides many benefits beyond what its predecessors intended. Here are some of the things a smart thermostat can do.
- If you have a Wi-Fi thermostat, you can change its settings from a device such as a smartphone, laptop, or tablet. That means you can change the temperature on the thermostat from anywhere. If you forgot to turn the heat down before you left for the office, you can change it from work.
- Smart thermostats study your patterns of heating and cooling. It learns your preferences and adjusts the settings based on its findings. It can even develop a schedule to maximize your energy savings while taking into account your comfort preferences.
- Smart thermostats can detect when more energy is being consumed to alert you to energy wastage and help you curtail it.
Don’t Choose Just Any Smart Thermostat
Now that you’ve decided a smart thermostat is a smart move for your home, you’re probably ready to start searching for one online. Well, there’s one more important thing to consider. You need to choose a smart thermostat that’ll pair harmoniously with your existing HVAC system. We can help with that! Here are some of the smart thermostats we recommend.
- Google Home Thermostat: Google Home is a smart speaker that enables homeowners to use voice commands in order to interact with various smart home devices, including your smart thermostat.
- Alexa Thermostat: Alexa is another option and it can pair with your home’s existing Alexa
- Honeywell: Stay comfortably connected with the installation of a Honeywell WiFi thermostat. Honeywell manufactures a wide range of thermostats to suit any household.
A new smart thermostat has to be one that’ll work with your existing HVAC system. If it’s installed incorrectly, it could also potentially damage your system. That’s why you need to leave smart thermostat installation to the pros. It’s not worth the risk of voiding the warranty on your HVAC system. When we install your smart thermostat, you can rest assured that it’ll be installed correctly and that it’ll work as it’s supposed to.
Don’t let the weather get you down, call Brown’s! Brown’s Heating & Cooling is your trusted resource for smart thermostat installation in Woodmoor. Contact us today!